Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ooooooo! Pretty Fabric!

I just love pretty fabric, don't you? And I usually don't make a big distinction between apparel & home dec fabric. So, even though, I have selected this for a home dec purpose, and found it on a home dec website, I can easily picture this as a quilting fabric, or used for a pretty little day dress or blouse.....but that's another post...

Isn't this adorable? I love aquas and coral-y reds together, and I also love twiggy browns on cream - reminds me of brown-on-cream transferware(see below). This fabric is probably destined for dining room chair summer slipcovers and window curtains, but would look equally as appealing in my kitchen. (Another post also-coming soon...) I have a swatch coming from Warm Biscuit Bedding Company. This is a particularly good website for retro home dec fabrics, particularly geared to nursery and children's rooms. (But I obviously wouldn't limit the use of these fabrics!) If I were a quilter, I'd take a good look at the selection.


The plate on the left and the cup and saucer on the right are Johnson Bros. Harvest Time Ironstone. the cup in the middle is ?. I included it as a good example of vintage brown transferware. I have a collection of Harvest Time, thanks to me Mum, and I loooove the way it looks against my dining room walls- I'll display it better and take and post pictures. You'll see what I mean. It makes me want to get started painting the inside of my hutch-like cabinet in the dining room. I'm sorry to say that it is now an ugly Wall Unit component from This End Up, that has faithfully served its purpose, and is now sitting in the DR alcove. I will paint some of it a creamy color, and probably paint back behind the shelves a soft aqua (or possibly salmon), and again ---I will post pics. This would be a perfect backdrop for my JB Harvest Time collection. Ahhh.... I love to dream home dec!




No comments: