Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

He is risen indeed!

Oh, welcome and happy day! At the break of dawn, I was up with poster board, poster paint and the lousiest paintbrush making the poster for the door. And taking the black drape off of the cross and adding the white lilies, garlanding the grapevine with yellow gingham ribbon. What a celebration I had all by myself in the quiet of the morning!
And the whole time humming to myself, (but hearing choirs of angels singing in triumph), "Jesus Christ is ris'n today, a-a-a-a-a-lle-e lu-u-ia!" Humming because I didn't know the rest of the words. But I got to sing all the words today at the top of my lungs. My voice was cracking because I'd get teared up. But it didn't matter, there were so many other voices joining and covering my own. And the majestic organ ringing out from the choir loft. Soooooo uplifting..i wish you coulda been there. But if you weren't, I hope you were rattling the rafters in your own house of worship.
And feasting and celebrating with your loved ones this afternoon.

No comments: