This is a big day in my blogging experience. Huge. I can't even believe how nervous and excited it has made me.
I've been awarded and tagged!
The Award comes with being "tagged" and the rules are that I must list 7 random things of interest about myself, and then I must award to 7 others whose blogs I esteem. Although, I can't tag Honore @ Bygone Knits, as she is the one who has generously awarded me.
1. I love my Yankee background, but I frequently run across descriptions of Southern hospitality and graces, and think secretly I'd like to be a Southern Lady.
2. I was born on an Air Force base in Normandy. France. I've seen the Eiffel tower and L'Arc de Triomphe and picnicked in the French countryside and I remember none of it. But I have a beautiful French birth certificate printed in gold ink.
3. In the early 1980's, Jay Leno rode his motorcycle up to an inn where I was working for the summer. He was doing stand-up comedy in our tavern and I helped him run the washing machine to wash his best jeans for his performance.
4. One summer when I was a teenager I worked at Disneyland in Anaheim, California. Tomorrowland, actually. The uniforms were hideous. Red and yellow polyester. 'Nuff said?
5. I have a Master's degree in Biochemistry.
6. Almost everyone on my mother's side of my family is very tall. So, I married a man who is almost 6'5". My sons are tall but are not basketball players, they are hockey players. I possess no athletic talent. But wish I did. Or sing, if I had a choice.
7. I have neither desire nor interest in being preserved cryogenically.
Now, about tagging 7 others. This is a bit of a challenge, because while I am so excited to be tagged. (You mean someone actually knows I exist? I've never even written a book!) However, I have noted that some bloggers are not happy about being tagged. Maybe we should have some kind of icon on our blogs that indicates either "Feel free to tag me" or "No tags, please". So, I'm going to stick my neck out and tag blindly, not knowing if my tag-ees will scoff and scowl, or squeal with delight.
1. Mary Grace @ Hooked on Needles
2. Cindy @ My Romantic Home
3. Anna @ Thimbleanna *
4. Lara @ Thornberry
5. Laura @ Decor to Adore
6. Kim @ Daisy Cottage
7. Mary Corbet @ Needle 'n Thread
What fun for me! I hope this encourages you to visit the above blogs. As I was choosing, I discovered that there are more than 7 blogs that I think are beautiful, and the people behind them appealing and interesting. I purposely avoided awarding and tagging people who get hundreds of comments for each post, as I imagine their blogging time to be busy already. Although, I wonder if Lucy will have the time and energy to play, as she is expecting to meet Bump24 very soon indeed!
*This post was changed to take Lucy off the list, as when I went to her blog I saw she had 217 comments on her last post, and I am so worried about tiring her...... I subbed in one of the many other bloggers I admire and follow regularly.. Sorry to be so dorky and not getting things right the first time. I'm all discombobulated in my excited state! Check out Lucy's blog @ Attic24, anyway. Talk about eye candy! There is a link in my blog list in the sidebar on the right.