Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Beginning the New Year


I have so many things I want to post about, and I have been taking pictures, mainly of my exploits in the kitchen. But I can't seem to upload my pictures. Blogger just freezes when I try.
So, I'm going to work on that problem in the background, and I'll just post on other things I have on my mind.
I recently ran across a blog called "Pleasant View Schoolhouse". I have, over the course of a few days, read every post in her archive. Anna gave me a new perspective. As amazing and accomplished as she is, what I have taken away is the inspiration to just live. Live, however imperfectly. Over the years, I have overly complicated my life, and really bogged myself down. I have been heavily influenced by Martha (Stewart), and not so much by Marla (Cilley, FLYLady). Since I have a tendency to focus on details (minutiae, really), I am easily swept up attending to inconsequential matters, while letting important things go neglected. Over time, I have become overwhelmed and discouraged and ultimately ineffectual. In the last several months, I have been making some changes in how I approach my days and my duties. Really, I feel like I have been coming out of a sort of a coma - a minimally functional coma. Oh, recovery is good.

1 comment:

Diane Simmler said...

Yes. Anna has a bit of a clue, doesn't she? Thanks for showing me her blog. I find that I'm a bit taken with her archives.