Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Summer's End

Sunset over the Saco River
 "What good is the warmth of summer,                                  
                      without the cold of winter to give it sweetness."
                                                                                                     ------John Steinbeck
----------------------------------------------------------------------
So I consulted the calendar, and it told me that the last of day of summer this year is September 23.
This year, more than ever, I feel very rushed by the cadence of time passing me by.  
I don't tolerate heat well, and for years, by the time August rolls around, I am checking weather forecasts hoping to see cooler temperatures in the offing.

Not sure why, but not so this year.  I am more at peace with Summer.  I have embraced sweating perspiring, and learned to love a cool and refreshing afternoon bath.  And then there's the sprinkler to keep growing things going; make sure to wear flip flops, cool water on the feet always helps.
Oh my gosh, I just love these two sooooo much! (Evan and Christina)
 It probably has more to do with my Empty Nest.  The youngest has gone off to college, as have the older two, who were home for the summer.
Caution:  Wake
So, I'm going to eeeaase myself along through this transition.  First, I'll recap the summer, and get some of its stories off my chest.  And then, I'll strike out for the adventures the future holds.  
Coming with me?

6 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful photos. :)

Decor To Adore said...

What lovely images. Today I felt the first bit of crisp in the air and it is very welcome.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Vee said...

Hope that you are enjoying an equally wonderful autumn! Hasn't it been a corker?

Can do mom said...

Wendy!
I don't know if you remember me, it's been ages since I was on blogger. Hope all is well with you and your family. :)

Jodie

Unknown said...

Why else does a moth fly from the night than to a bold, attractive candle Light? Don't let His extravagant brilliance be extinguished, girl. You're creative, yes? Then fly-away with U.S to the antidote. . .

MyLoveLetterToJanetIrene.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Why else does a moth fly from the night than to a bold, attractive candle Light? Don't let His extravagant brilliance be extinguished, girl. You're creative, yes? Then fly-away with U.S to the antidote. . .

MyLoveLetterToJanetIrene.blogspot.com