Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day

No one reading this should be too surprised that I am home for a snow day. I live on southern coast of Maine, and it is national news that we are getting the same massive snow storm that has swept over much of the rest of the country. The boys are home from school. We had waffles for a late breakfast . Now everyone is lazing around and trying to figure out what to do with the day.
As usual, I have no trouble thinking of things that will more than fill the available time. First on the list are repairs to Evan's ski parka. Brand new ski parka. The one he had for less than 24 hours before tearing it to shreds. Last Sat., we bought the ever-growing 17yo a new parka. Size Mens xl. On Sunday morning, he left on the bus with the Ski Club for a day at Sunday River. Sunday evening, he came with some major damage to New Parka. I can repair. Will take at least an hour. Involves patching and reinforcing torn fabric, and then re-assembling and sewing torn seams. We'll see.
I have many new sewing projects I want to blog about. Soon.

2 comments:

acorn hollow said...

I am in central nh and we are getting the snow yeck. I have had enough. I am on the computer to much and need to do some rug hooking. stay warm
Cathy

Can do mom said...

We had a major dumping in December but nothing really big since then, just lots of little 3-7" snows. We're are our year's average already and we've still got two months left!

I haven't seen you in blog-dom for awhile so it's nice to hear what's up in your neck of the woods.

Sorry about your son's coat. What is it about boys and testing the limits of everything known to man? My girls hardly ever destroy anything but my little guy - whoa - he more than makes up for them!

Have a happy day!