Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Gearing up

I'm working on making a comeback! Life overtook me for a while there. Biggest thing was Ian (my eldest) graduating from high school. I'm not sure I can explain why this been so hard for me (i.e. devastating). I'm still processing what has happened, and what is happening. The going-away-to-college thing. I mean, seriously? One of my favorite people in the whole world is going to move away? And I'm supposed to be celebrating? Uh-uh. Mourning is more like it. Make no mistake, this is a loss. I know that I am crazy, and I'm supposed to be looking forward to the day that my kids leave. Yes, I got the memo. But I can't seem to embrace it. Anyway, welcome to my world...needlecrafts? Well, I had made some progress on the projects that I had been blogging about, but eventually I dropped everything, unfinished and took care of the more demanding things. I have not weathered this period the way I would have liked to, but it is what it is.
I'm getting ready to start posting again more regularly. I just hope I have some interesting things to say, and not just mommy-whining. See you soon.

22 comments:

怡潔怡潔 said...

HELLO~幫你推個文^^......................................................................

陳芳 said...

幸福不是一切,人還有責任。....................................................................

Joansie said...

Welcome back! "Empty nest" syndrome is not easy. Knitting helps.

I just found your blog. I'm from Biddeford originally.

建彰建彰 said...

欣賞是一種美德~回應是最大的支持^^.................................................................

Can do mom said...

Hi There Wendy!
I can relate to your pain. My eldest daughter graduates next year and we are already going through some separation issues. She's very excited about leaving the nest while I have mixed feelings. Not an easy transition but one that every mother goes through I suppose.

I've been a slacker blogger too. There's just so many things that compete for my time. Blogging seems to be the thing I let go first.

Take care!
Jodie

怡潔怡潔 said...

Rome was not built in a day............................................................

與發 said...

這BLOG真是讓人意猶未盡!!..................................................................

吳婷婷 said...

A contented mind is a perpetual feast...................................................................

珍昕珍昕 said...

只用微笑說話的人,才能擔當重任。................................................

陳倩江陳倩江 said...

休息才能再次出發-隨時保持好體力-加油..................................................................

楊儀卉 said...

鞋匠能作好鞋子,因為他只做鞋,不做別的。..................................................

文郭ss華賴ss添卉顏俊s任 said...

Man is not made for defeat. A mean can be destroyed but not defeated..................................................................

許俊銘 said...

鞋匠能作好鞋子,因為他只做鞋,不做別的。..................................................

毛彥宇毛彥宇 said...

No pains, no gains..................................................................

陳筱黃世谷婷 said...

好的開始並不代表會成功,壞的開始並不代表是失敗..................................................

凱許倫 said...

人生中最好的禮物就是屬於自己的一部份............................................................

建邱勳 said...

Of two evils choose the least.............................................................

慧佳蓉佳蓉桓 said...

Never put off till tomorrow what may be done today.......................................................................

峻胡邦慧v帆 said...

看了你的日誌 覺得今天好充實 晚安瞜.................................[/url]...............

佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

人生匆匆-把握當下,支持鼓勵~事事如意~............................................................

王雅俊 said...

很以有啟發性的故事阿~感謝大大分享^^......................................................

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Hello my dear friend~ I miss you. hope you are having a nice summer:)